Saturday, January 23, 2010

RAM JAM! Saturday Edition: I WILL BRING THE FIGHT TO YOU!


The Phillies add 38 year-old Jose Contreras to their pitching staff. The righty was 6-13 with a 4.92 ERA in 28 games last season, 23 of which were starts. In seven seasons in the majors, he is 71-63 with a 4.61 ERA. In 2005 Contreras pitched at the top of the rotation for the world champion Chicago White Sox. In 2006 he set a White Sox team record with 16 consecutive wins. Where does he fit with the Phils? Fifth starter? Bullpen? Ruben Amaro says he likes Jose's versatility, which means they don't know what they will do with him. Ultimately, you have to think it's positive any time you add a dude with a championship pedigree to your club. Welcome to Philly, El Duque.

Will Jayson Werth be a Phillie after 2010? Dude was an all star last year. Look at his numbers: 36 homers, 99 RBIs, .879 on-base/slugging. Plus he's a fan favorite and has some seriously kick ass facial hair. Better lock him down, Phils.

Michael Vick to star in documentary series on BET. Not sure what to make of this. Check out the promo:



FAN FAIL: Minnesota fans unintentionally disgrace the Vikings...



CRAZY FOREIGNER OF THE DAY: Because foreigners are whacky and unpredictable.
This is from England. Dude scales building and leaps on the roof of a double decker bus.


SONG LYRIC TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT: "Oh why do I give valuable time to people who don't care if I live or die?

PRODUCT or MEAL that sounds like a POO PRANK of SEXUAL POSITION:
Today's product is the TweetDeck. On the official website, TweetDeck is described as "your personal browser for staying in touch with what's happening now, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook and more." Is it me or does a TweetDeck sound like a 2010 version of upper decking.

PERSONAL ANECDOTE THAT YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT: I feel there's something wrong with me because about 5 times a day I lapse into a daydream where I'm giving a speech to a room packed full of family, friends and celebrities/athletes. Usually the scenarios involve me winning a very prestigious award, like an ESPY. Sometimes, though, I'm giving a eulogy or announcing something catastrophic like an asteroid is on course to blow the planet to smitherines. Two things remain consistent: I am wearing a Ralph Lauren peak lapel tuxedo, and I always use the word "superfluous". My imagined speeches cause me significant problems because I often lapse into them when I'm doing chores for my wife, who gets pissed because she then has to repeat her instructions (WHY ARENT YOU WIPING THE WINDOWS! I SAID WIPE THE WINDOWS!). Or I'm at work when someone is telling me something important. As a matter of fact, the more important the information I'm receiving, the more likely I am to dissassociate into one of my completely public addresses. For instance, wife says, "Hey Mike, I'm going into labor right now" and inside my head I hear myself saying, "I am humbled by your genorsity and kindness, and I want you to know that I don't regard this award as some superfluous achievement". Then I'm interrupted by loud shouting and I get defensive.

SONG FOR THE DAY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

MLB STANDINGS

NFL STANDINGS