Monday, February 1, 2010

RAM JAM! Herschel Busts Skulls, Viva Bastardo, DeSean Pro Bowl, Horny Goat. And a song.


- Former Philadelhpia Eagle Herschel Walker is victorious in his first MMA battle. Reread that sentence. Walker, who won the Heisman Trophy in 1982 and was an Olympian in 1992, won by TKO at 2:17 in the third round over Greg Nagy.



- Antonio Bastardo is having one helluva an off-season. Looks likely he'll be a regular face in the Phillies bullpen this season. Bastardo has pitched in 17 innings this postseason, allowing just four hits, three walks while striking out 26 for an ERA of 0.53.

- DeSean Jackson struts his stuff at the Pro Bowl and, as he did all season, outruns a handful of defenders for a 50+ yard TD.


- NFL announces 2000's all decade team. David Akers is the only current Eagle to make the squad, but former Eagles Brian Dawkins and Terrel Owens made the roster as well.

- Kevin Kolb wants his chance to start at QB. "I want to be a starter in the NFL," Kolb told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "That's my No. 1 goal right now. I want that opportunity. But I'm going to be a team player. I trust (coach) Andy (Reid). I trust his decisions and his ability to see what's in the future and plan out my career the right way. Hopefully, we'll do those things to get me on the field at some point, not knowing when it's going to be."

- Andre Miller, formerly of the 76ers, scored 52 points in an OT win over the Dallas Mavericks this weekend. Meanwhile, the Sixers barely squeak by the lowly Nets. Remember, the Nets only have 4 WINS on the entire season.

RENEGADE ANIMAL OF THE DAY: A horny goat uses his head to smash in the door to a California strip club. Once inside the goat stares at himself in the mirror for a while, and then gets shooed away. Watch the video here.

SONG LYRICS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT: "I haven't slept for two days / I've bathed in nothing but sweat / And I've made hallways scenes for things to regret "

SONG OF THE DAY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

MLB STANDINGS

NFL STANDINGS